Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

FAQs

Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions about the hire of the Centre.  See also Planning Your Event and Facilities for more information.

• Can I get into the hall to set it up before my event starts?
    • Yes.  You will need to book the hall for the full period of use, including set-up time and allowing for clearing-up time at the end of your event.
  • Do I have to collect keys to unlock the Centre at the start of my booking?
    • No.  We will be there at the start of your booking to unlock it for you and to brief you quickly on a few operational aspects of the hall, including how to lock-up the Centre at the end of your booking.
  • What is the latest time I can finish using the hall?
    • Normal booking hours are 8am to 11:30pm. This can be extended to midnight at the discretion of the Booking Manager. All bookings with a finish time after 9:00pm will be subject to review and are at the discretion of the Booking Manager.  Please note: to comply with licencing music must be turned down by 10:30pm at the latest so as to be inaudible outside the Community Centre. Doors and windows must be also closed by 10:30pm to prevent noise disturbance to neighbours. Music can only be played in the Community Centre itself and not outside on the playing field.
  • Is use of the kitchen included in the hire?
    • Yes, hire of the hall includes the use of the kitchen at no additional charge.
  • Are there facilities for making tea and coffee?
    • Yes, there are two electric kettles, one large electric urn if you need to cater for large groups, a coffee-making machine (including filters) and a small supply of assorted mugs, cups & saucers, plates and other kitchen crockery, cutlery and utensils.  You will need to bring your own consumables (tea, coffee, sugar, milk etc).
  • Do you have crockery, cutlery and glassware available for hire for large events (e.g. a wedding reception)?
    • Yes.  We have a separate store of white bone china, good quality cutlery and a range of glassware (including champagne, wine, water and beer glasses) sufficient for around 150 place settings.  See HTCC catering equipment hire for details and charges.  If you wish to hire any of our crockery, cutlery and glassware, we will need to receive your completed equipment hire form six weeks’ in advance of your booking date and we will send you an invoice for the total equipment hire charge.
  • Do you have details of bar/catering suppliers, children’s entertainment providers etc that we might hire for our event?
  • Can you tell me what size your tables are?
  • Do you have any highchairs/small chairs & tables for young children?
    • Not at the moment.  You will need to bring your own if these are needed.
  • Can I put up decorations?
    • Yes but you must use masking tape. Drawing pins or blu-tack must not be used because they will damage the walls
    • Decorations must not obstruct heaters
    • Decorations must not be attached to, or obstruct, lights
  • Can I have a bouncy castle inside the hall?
    • Yes.  Bouncy castles used in the main hall should be no taller than 11.5 feet.  You must ensure that any bouncy castles/play inflatables used inside or outside the Centre:
      • have a current PIPA test certificate, and
      • are used safely and in accordance with the supplier’s or manufacturer’s recommendations, and
      • when in use, are supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
  • Is there Wi-Fi at the hall?
    • Yes.  The Booking Manager will give you the passcode when you arrive at the Centre.
  • Do you have a projector and screen and microphones?
  • Is it easy to park at the Centre?
    • There is ample off-road car parking at the Centre, with 32 marked car park spaces, unloading bays outside the kitchen and main hall side door, and cycle storage racks.
  • How do I know if an Event Licence is needed?
    • You will need an Event Licence if any of the following apply to your event:
      • You wish to serve alcohol and intend to charge for all or some of it
      • Your event includes showing a film for profit (including for fund-raising)
      • Your event includes the performance of regulated entertainment after 11:00pm (dance, plays, live music, recorded music, films, indoor sports events, and the like)
    • If you intend to serve alcohol free of charge or obligation and none of the above apply, then an Event Licence is not required.
  • What if my caterer says they already have a licence?
    • You will need to check with them that they have a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) applicable specifically to the Community Centre for the date of your event.
  • Do I need to pay a reservation deposit when I book the Centre?
    • Only if your booking is for a long forward large event such as a wedding reception or a large occasion party then a reservation deposit of 25% of the total hire charge is accepted and the balance of the hire charge must be paid at least 8 weeks’ before the date of your event.  For all other bookings, the full hire fee must be paid at the time of booking.
  • How do I pay the hire charges?
    • The invoice we will send to you includes details of how to pay.  At present we accept Bank Transfer or cheques, or in exceptional circumstances, cash.
  • What is the security bond deposit for?
    • In hiring the Centre, you are responsible for any damage to the Centre or loss of property that occurs during the period of your hire. If found necessary, the associated cost of any repairs, additional cleaning or loss replacement will be recovered from your security bond payment. If no charges are necessary for damages/loss (which we hope will be the case!), your security bond cheque will be shredded after your event;  or if you have paid the bond by bank transfer, we will refund you the payment by cheque. (See also Tariff & Terms for security bond payment rates).

If you can't find the answer to your question, please us the Contact page to get in touch with the Bookings Team.